100 Book Club
- Read a book multiple times (because who doesn't just love a good book? I know I do!)
- Read books from anywhere, any library!
- Use a personal log or go on-line to log minutes!
- Audio books are ok AS LONG AS the child listens to the entire story
- Members can be any age because we encourage all to read
100 books per year or upon completion will earn (1) free CZ Cosmic Bowling Pass or (1) Free Skywarrior Theater movie ticket.
Things to practice and keep in mind:
- Have fun! Reading together should never be a chore.
- Children learn best when they are in a good mood, so read with your child when the experience will be the most pleasurable for you both.
- Take every chance you have to read with your child, tell and talk about stories, say nursery rhymes, and sing songs.
- Expose your child to a variety of different types of stories and words. It is normal for children, especially very young children, to want to hear their favorite stories again and again. When you have the opportunity, introduce new stories so your child has a chance to hear and experiment with as many new words and concepts as possible.
- You are your child's first and most important teacher. What you do helps your child get ready to read and to learn. You matter!